Save More with Commercial Lighting Rebates
Energy efficiency is top-of-mind for all businesses today. Facility managers are constantly seeking ways to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy costs. In order to support these efforts, government agencies have implemented programs to help finance technologies that save energy, cut pollution and help enable sustainability.
You may be eligible for incentives for commercial lighting from energy providers in your state on new construction or retrofit projects. Many states offer programs that provide attractive financial savings. To be considered for these programs, technologies must go through extensive evaluations and adhere to detailed metric requirements to determine if the technology meets each program’s strict qualifications.
Where Can You Find These Incentives and Rebates?
Utility companies and state-run programs offer energy saving incentives and rebate programs.
In the USA, at the Federal level, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S Department of Energy (DOE) are cooperatively working with more than 60 leading gas and electric utility providers on what they call the National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency. This action plan is designed to encourage energy conservation among all energy consumers.
As a part of encouraging reduced energy consumption, many energy providers in the USA are now offering incentive programs for commercial lighting projects. They are encouraging their customers to be more energy efficient and ecologically conscientious by providing incentives to businesses that integrate energy-saving technologies and practices into their operations.
Many states also offer incentive programs. To see if there are programs related to lighting controls and sensors in your area, click here.
Another great resource to learn more about which products have been tested for rebate programs is The DesignLights Consortium® (DLC). The DLC is a non-profit organization dedicated to accelerating the widespread adoption of high-performing commercial lighting solutions. The consortium promotes high-quality, energy-efficient lighting products in collaboration with utilities and energy efficiency program members, manufacturers, lighting designers, and federal, state, and local entities. The DLC establishes product quality specifications, facilitates thought leadership, and provides information, education, tools and technical expertise to industry stakeholders.
Which OSRAM Products may be Eligible?
OSRAM offers digital lighting solutions that may qualify for commercial lighting rebates in the categories mentioned below.
- Remote Mounted Occupancy Sensors
- Daylight Dimming Systems
- Occupancy Controlled Step-Dimming Systems
- Wall Mounted Occupancy Sensors
- Wall Mounted Vacancy Occupancy Sensors
- Photocell Sensors
- High Bay Occupancy Control Systems
How Much Can You Save?
Rebates vary from program to program and from one geographic area to another. Here are a few examples at the time of this blog writing:
- Efficiency Vermont is offering a $40 rebate for each wall or ceiling mounted occupancy sensor for daylight controls. With this specific program, you can apply directly online or download a form and send it in using traditional mail.
- National Grid is offering three types of rebates for commercial lighting projects for Massachusetts; Discounted Pricing on Energy Efficient Lamps and Fixtures, 45% savings on lighting systems for new construction, and 45% savings on lighting systems for retrofit project. The company is offering two different incentives for upstate New York: 50% on Upgraded Lighting and Lighting Controls and a bonus incentive of 15%, 20% or 25% on top of the traditional electric Large Commercial and Industrial program incentives by completing a defined number of energy efficiency projects over a two-year period. These programs require that you download and fill out an application.
Learn how to save more with the Smart Control Strategies guide below.